Tall Oaks Country Club
Tall Oaks is a private golf club located 4 miles south of Toluca, Illinois on Route 117.
It was designed and built by a dedicated group of local area golfers and opened in 1969. As a testament to the original design, no major changes have been made to the course over the years. Multiple tees on this 9 hole layout provide for different views on each hole. The ability to play 18 holes in under 4 hours is a great advantage for those looking for a less time consuming round of golf.
Tall Oaks plays at 6,064 yards from the men's tees and 5,161 from the Ladies tees.
Course Rating 67.0 and Slope rating 114 for men
Course Rating 69.1 and Slope rating 110 for women
Hole Characteristics (Mens Regular Tees) ( Front 9 ) ( Par 71 )
Each hole on back 9 plays from different tee.
1. Straight away 365 yard par 4 lined with a creek on the left and "Tall Oaks" on the right. A good drive is crucial to get off to a good start.
2. 178 yard par 3 crossing creek and guarded by tall oak on right side fairway. Green protected by sand trap and slopes back to front.
3. Longest hole on the course at 539 yards. Plenty of fairway and reachable for the long hitters. False front and two sand traps make the center of the green the best spot to attack.
4. 327 par slight dogleg left usually into the wind. Miss left and trees come into play...fairway bunker reachable for longer hitters. Two sand traps protect this crowned green but slopes from back to front to make it very approachable
5. 153 par 3 that features an elevated green. Crucial to hit center of this large green to save par on this one. THIS HOLE IS 193 YARDS ON BACK 9.
6. Second of the par 5's that requires an accurate drive off the tee. A large oak in right side 200 out means you must go over or around. Plenty of fairway for approach shot into flat green protected by 2 bunkers on either side of the green. This hole measures 485 yards.
7. 356 yard par 4 that most will lay up in front of creek to attack this elevated green. Stay on left side of fairway to avoid "Tall Oaks" protecting right side of green. Most putts will break toward the creek.
8. 366 par 4 that requires the most accurate of tee shots. Trees left and OB right can make par a great score on this hole. Fairway bunker on sloping fairway is reachable for longer hitters off the tee. Miss left of green and elevated chip shot to green can be challenging! Par is good score on this hole.
9. 314 yard par 4 that starts with a blind shot to top of hill. Creek and trees left mean missing right is a better option. A good drive will leave you with a short iron into a large green protected by bunkers in front and left.
* Men's yardage front 9: 3,083 yards Par 36
* Men's yardage back 9: 2.981 Par 35